The Skills Challenge Pyramid™ - Stage 2
1. Inside Cut – Dribble forward, stop forward momentum of the ball by reaching forward with inside of one foot and ‘cutting’ the ball back down the inside of the body (away from the defender). Accelerate into a dribble.
2. Ball Rolls – Using the inside, outside and sole of one foot, roll the ball side to side, backwards and forwards and keeping contact with the ball at all times. Use both feet.
3. Outside Cut – Dribble forward, stop forward momentum of the ball by reaching forward with outside of one foot and ‘cutting’ the ball back down the outside of the body (away from the defender) in one movement and accelerate into a dribble.
4. Take On Dribble (outside of foot) – Dribble forward and after a few touches play the ball with the outside of one foot (right) towards the side of the body (moving the ball to the outside of the defender). Accelerate away from the defender.
5. Single Cut Dribble – Dribble forward and after a few touches play the ball with the inside of one foot (right) across the body (transferring the ball from one foot to another in front of the defender). The next touch is played with the inside of the other foot (left) to push the ball forward and continue the dribble (past the defender).
6. Forward Drag Rolls – Move forward with the ball in a straight line (walking at first) and dragging the ball with the sole of the foot - pulling the ball across your body. Perform for 10 yards and then repeat – increase speed.
7. Step-pivot Turn – Dribble forward, place foot on top of the ball and keeping contact with the ball step beyond the ball with the other foot. Turn and push the ball into a dribble.
8. Flick Turn – Dribble forward, reach out with one foot and place the toe end of the shoe on the ball. Maintain contact with the ball, open up your body shape and flick the ball back and across the body. Quickly transfer feet and accelerate away.
9. Double Tap and Dribble – Tap the ball back and forth quickly between the left and right feet (toe taps). On the second touch, play the ball at an angle and accelerate into a dribble.
10. Double Cut Dribble – Using either foot, push the ball diagonally forward twice with the outside of the foot. Take a step and use the inside of the same foot to cut the ball diagonally forward twice. Take a step between each touch. Repeat for 10 touches then change feet.