Meet Mia Hamm and Raise Money For Our Community
Email this Article
Print this Article
Written by: Steve Votolato
Saturday, November 14, 2009
This year we have a unique opportunity. As you may know, we are working with Lucas Sports and Mia Hamm to create a new type of fundraising campaign. Ms. Hamm, the only five-time recipient of the U.S. Soccer Female Athlete of the Year award, is also dedicated to raising funds and awareness for two very personal causes: research for bone marrow diseases and the encouragement and empowerment of young female athletes. Together, we hope to generate revenue and awareness for Soccer Rhode Island Members, the Station Family Fund and the Mia Hamm Foundation.
Below are the details of the fundraiser you can share with your players and their families. If you have any questions, please contact Jim Lucas of Lucas Sports at firstname.lastname@example.org
COACHES, PLEASE EMAIL AND HAND OUT THIS INFORMATION TO ALL YOUR PLAYERS!!
President Soccer Rhode Island
A Fundraiser…For Our Community
This fall all Rhode Island registered youth soccer players will join in the Play Hard Play Fair fundraiser to raise funds for Soccer Rhode Island, the Station family Fund and the Mia Hamm Foundation. The Play Hard Play Fair weekend is scheduled for the last regularly scheduled weekend of theseason. All Rhode Island youth players will participate regardless of where their fundraising total is and those having raised $50 will receive and wear their Play Hard Play Fair bracelet sent to them by Mia Hamm!
• Dedicated website: www.soccer-riplayhardplayfair.org
• This event is Soccer Rhode Island’s fundraiser for 2009.
• Registration will begin on October 1, 2009.
• The fundraising drive will run from October 1 – December 31.
• All players who raise $50 and receive the flexible wrist band incentive prize are to wear it during their tribute weekend game to raise awareness for Soccer Rhode Island and the Mia Hamm Foundation.
• The campaign goal is $500,000 in 2009.
How to Register to meet MIA HAMM Participation is simple:
• Soccer Rhode Island has a dedicated fundraising website: www.soccer-riplayhardplayfair.org
• To participate in fundraising and to be eligible for the incentives, each player must register at: www.soccer-riplayhardplayfair.org. This site can also be reached through a link on the www.soccer-ri.org site.
• Family: Each registered player receives his / her individual secure fundraising web page that contains a complete description of the event and which can be customized with the player’s:
• Picture (optional), hobbies, favorite soccer player, favorite soccer player, personal fundraising message.
• Throughout the event, the player’s page will show his / her personal progress. There will be a "Thank you for your donation" scroll of donor’s names, fundraising bar that rises with each donation, list of incentive prizes.
• Donor: Each player (and parent) decides to whom to send the fundraising page link.
• THE ONLY PEOPLE WHO RECEIVE THE FUNDRAISINGPAGE LINK ARE THE PEOPLE TO WHOM THE PLAYER (AND PARENT) SEND IT • Donations are made online through a secure Pay Pal link • Donations may be mailed directly to the bank in the player’s name
Event Incentive Prizes…Meet Soccer legend Mia Hamm!
• ALL PLAYERS RAISING $50 will receive a flexible wrist band engraved with Mia Hamm’s "Play Hard Play Fair" message and a congratulatory thank you letter from her.
• ALL PLAYERS RAISING $150 will receive an event-customized soccer ball.
• ALL PLAYERS RAISING $250, the top fundraising goal, will, with a guest, be invited to Rhode Island’s Soccer Showcase featuring Mia Hamm. The event is tentatively scheduled for April, 2010.
• Top Fundraisers
• THE TOP 100 FUNDRAISERS will be invited, with a guest, to a private "VIP Meet & Greet" with Mia Hamm as part of the Soccer Showcase.
• THE TOP 10 FUNDRAISERS, each with a guest, will be invited to an exclusive sit down chat with Mia Hamm including opportunities for individual pictures, autographs and private conversation time. This event will precede the VIP Meet & Greet.
• THE TEAM THAT RAISES THE MOST MONEY will ALL be invited to the VIP Meet & Greet, each with a guest, coaches included. All team members must register for the fundraiser and raise a minimum of $50 for the team to be eligible
About the Mia Hamm Foundation
The Mia Hamm Foundation is a non-profit, national organization dedicated to raising funds and awareness for families in need of a marrow or cord blood transplant and the development of more opportunities for young women to participate in sport.
About the Station Family Fund
The Station Family Fund was founded by survivors and family members affected by The Station Nightclub fire of February 20, 2003. Their services include assistance with identifying and accessing resources available through federal and state agencies or other non-governmental organizations. They also provide financial grants on a case by case basis.
Financial grants will give priority to bridging gaps in care for those who suffered catastrophic injury in the fire.
Good Luck fundraising!
© 2013 LeaguePro, Inc. All rights reserved.
This site created by LeaguePro Inc.