2018 SCYSC PRESIDENT'S LETTER
Dear South County Soccer Families and members,
Happy New Year! I am very proud to be a member of this club – one of the few that can offer players a variety of pathways based on their soccer needs: from Tiny Tykes at age three all the way to U19 Academy-level soccer. Having been newly elected President of the SCYSC Board in July, I wanted to take moment to reflect and share some of the positive changes and progress made in 2017 for South County Youth Soccer in the past year.
• Tiny Tykes soccer programming for 3- and 4-year old’s
• Fall House League Jamboree with nearby towns
• Inaugural Indoor House League over the winter
• Professional training for all House coaches and players
• A three-year NEFC partnership for our premier level players
• First annual Pre-tryout event with over 120 families attending
• Increase in Travel team players! We added three teams for Spring '18 compared to Fall '1
• New England Revs partnership with player appearances and game day events
• Renewed URI Soccer relationship! Taking advantage of how lucky we are to have a successful Division I Men and Women Soccer Program in our backyard
• Funny 4 Funds Comedy Night fundraiser – such a success, we will be doing this again!
• Another Seaside Classic Tournament – 26 years of sustained success
I am so grateful to the dedicated volunteers who step up year after year to help make all this programming available to our players. It is you – our South County Soccer families and members – who keep this club vital, strong and thriving. Without our volunteers, this club would not exist.
We have exciting plans for 2018 to continue these successful new initiatives and to launch even more.
To accomplish all we have planned, SCYSC needs additional help.
I am extending a personal appeal to our entire members to volunteer in some way during 2018. If you have skills at work or at home - are you tech savvy? organized? a project manager? in finance? in legal? have video experience? - then please consider donating some of your time. The type of volunteer work we have varies at all levels – one-hour situations (greeting families at our Annual Seaside Classic Tournament in July), one time projects (organize club electronic files), coaches and assistant coaches, coordinators, and even Board members.
Here is the kicker – you do not need ANY soccer experience to help! Whether you can spare one hour or twenty, if you think you have time you can help this year - in ANY capacity - please email or call Shirley at our office 782-8200.
Thanks again for being part of South County Youth Soccer. I am looking forward to an exciting 2018. If you have any questions or comments, please feel free to reach out to me, Shirley, or any of our Board members – we welcome your input!
South County Youth Soccer Club